Tuesday 27 January 2015

My name is Sonia, but why Life? Here is why.

I remember when I newly created this blog. My first post was a poetry I had written three years ago when I suffered from immense heartbreak. We all as human beings go through this phase were we feel our world is crumbling down and all that we sacrificed and the achievements we built around us makes no sense anymore. The best option? Suicide. Oh wait! That is for the weaklings. Let's start by creating barriers around our hearts, lets get anti social and hate almost everyone around us and satisfy our grievances and misery through heavy metal music that agrees with our concept of how gore and grim the world is and how we were thrown into it by chance to experience the hell that many theists imagine it to be an eternal afterlife abode. 

" Lets satisfy our grievances and misery through heavy metal music.."

Been there, done that. 
I eventually grew out of it, and realized that I couldn't stay like that all my life. I remember a wise friend telling me that to truly enjoy life and to bring happiness in life back, I had to work accordingly just the same way we work accordingly to reach our goals in life. 
To make all of this happen, I began changing my lifestyle. I asked myself that what was it that was disturbing me and messing up with my potential understanding of happiness? I altered that. For instance, instead of splurging my worthy time on useless social apps and excessive tv shows, I used it to add portfolio to my talent list. I learned to do basic makeup routine which I used to fail miserably, I taught myself some decent and easy to do hair looks (considering I have very long hair). My next goal? I intend to teach myself how to cook and plan on being a good mom if ever I do become one by taking initiative in helping my sister's children in their nappy changes and playtime. 
I know this may sound like some delusional fairy tale considering how unrealistic the "ideal" happy life sounds, but guess what? The fact that so many people think negative on a daily basis is what keeps them away from ever securing the good life they can achieve for themselves. But little do people realize that the first and the easiest step to brighten their lives up is by doing so through thought process, just a positive thought can make anyone smile. Anyone. 

Positive thought = Smile
Even though my first step was through the change of lifestyle, it was only later I realized that by thinking good thoughts and by wishing well for other people made me feel so much more at peace with myself and my surroundings than it did when I thought negative thoughts. 
Hateful thoughts only damage us, it leads us to oblivion. 
What can you do to stop thinking anything negative and believing in achieving a good life ? 

  1.  Don't follow or read anything biased or hateful on social media against any stereotype in the world. Hate speech promotes hate only. 
  2. Think of someone (at least one person that you could recall or have imagined) who has filled your life with happiness and worked towards making you feel at peace. It can be a secret admirer, a celebrity, a role model of any kind, your dad or mom, or even your best friend etc. 
  3. Irrelevant of what anyone says, believe in something. Have faith. Faith may be in goodness or the potential to succeed and make life happen. 
  4. Cut down or break ties with anyone that only brings out the worst in you, someone who thrashes your esteem. Such people should be shown the closest door to Exit. 
  5. Eat healthy food. Believe it or not, what you eat is what you are. The saying is not only old but it is legend. I myself have experienced a heavy shift in my mental health from awful to great with a change of diet. All those years of McDonald's were switched to eating organic vegetables and fresh fruits and grilled meat. 
  6. Exercise. A plain walk can bring much changes to your personality and your mental health. I noticed 13-14 people in my life who used to be hot tempered and depressed only to become much better people through regular exercising and discipline.
  7. Change your lifestyle. Chase your goals instead of wasting your time on your mobile phone with all those countless social apps. There is a reason why the generation is only getting dumber and more suicidal. Less productivity in anyone has lead them to nothing but depression and sadness. Then like everyone else, someone else has to be blamed for all that you "go though".
It is so very simple. Everything requires a change. And the change has to come within you. 
We often do have those momentary people who walk into our lives for a short span of time and teach us a lifelong lesson, aren't they such a blessing? Yet we curse them. 
Humans are never grateful. But to truly be grateful, we have to get in touch with reality and give importance to our souls and people around us, who care for us, than to materialistic possessions and trivial matters. 
This reminds me of Charles Bukowski, one of my favorite poet and novelist who once said, "We're all going to die, all of us. What a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it does not. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing." 
I read those words years ago and they haunt me to this very day. If nothing can save us from death, love should save us from life. 

I wish you all the very best to make the best out of your lives...
Your Blogger
Sonia.

2 comments: